Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? WRAPPING PAPER!! I love having colorful wrapping paper and making pretty bows!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Love real trees but we have a brand new pre-lit artificial tree this year. I never have good luck with real trees.
3. When do you put up the tree? embarassed to say it has been up for a week!! hey we have a new house and I couldn't wait!!!
4. When do you take the tree down? New years day!
5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE IT!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My madame alexander doll!
7. Hardest person to buy for? The Dad's.....
8. Easiest person to buy for? my kids
9. Do you have a nativity scene? still looking for the perfect one
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail - love it!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a regift from someone that left the original tag on the present.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? We watched Deck the Halls the other night and it was cute!!! Maybe not my favorite but can't think of one right now.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Already started!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? don't think so!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? all the traditional trimmings!
16. Lights on the tree? of course and lots of them!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby it's cold outside!!!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? STAY HOME!!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Oh yea!!!
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? My own topper!!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? My parents on Christmas Eve...then Santa's gifts in the morning....the rest of the family on Christmas Day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rushing around and not just staying home and enjoying the tree and time off
23. What theme or color are you using? traditional christmas colors....a lot of gold and red!!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I love the fried shrimp we eat at my inlaws house at our celebration.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? For Kim and David to decide to STAY!!! LOL!!!!
26. Most fun or unusual Christmas tradition? love leaving milk and cookies for Santa....and then seeing my boy's faces in the morning when they see all the presents and cookies gone.
Posted by Lesley At Sarita Farms at 2:50 PM
Monday, November 17, 2008
I just have to say how proud I am of Taylor and Thomas this weekend. They attended a Disciple Now weekend at church and had to do a "Big Give" project in the community. They were divided into 4 groups and each group was given $300 to do with as they wanted but they had to help someone or the community. Well, Taylor and Thomas' group decided to help Timothy Rose, a dear friend of theirs that has cancer. That group of kids raised $1890 for him!!!!! They bought him lots of stuff for his hospital bed, groceries, video games, hats and much more and were able to present his parents with $1000 cash to help with expenses!! One lady came up to me at church and told me what good boys they are and how they helped so much with ideas and how excited they were to help their friend. I am sure Tim is so happy to receive those things and that the group thought of him. Please, everyone that reads this blog please pray for this little boy....he needs it!!!
Again, let me just say God is so good and I am so glad Taylor is part of an amazing youth group!!!
Posted by Lesley At Sarita Farms at 9:19 AM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
I can not believe how fast they grow up!! Where are my baby boys??? Every year I have made Taylor hold up fingers for whatever grade he is in and this year with him being so cool and all, he did NOT want to but FINALLY I talked him into it!! Anyway, here they are.....Taylor, 7th grade and Noah 1st grade!! I also have to include Jesse who is in the 3 year old class at Wee School!!!
Taylor and Noah have chapel on Mondays so that why they are all dressed up in their ties.
Posted by Lesley At Sarita Farms at 6:01 PM
Thursday, November 13, 2008
This was Marc and David's favorite thing to do.....just sit and watch the beautiful water!! Kim and I enjoyed too......but we really did like the shopping more!!
Check out the picture of David flexing his muscles or imitating the maniquin!! CRAZY!!!
Posted by Lesley At Sarita Farms at 6:20 AM
You could buy any kind of prescription drugs you want there over the counter. Really wierd but we did end up needing a Z-Pack for Marc before we left. Marc and David loved just checking out all the medicines as you can see!!
Posted by Lesley At Sarita Farms at 5:20 AM
Since the day I saw Kim's David Yurman bracelet I have wanted one and there were two stores in Cozumel that had them so I would always go in there and show Marc for a Christmas hint. Well, one night we were all in there looking at the jewelry and I showed him the bracelet again. I guess at some point he bought it without me knowing because at Senor Frogs later that night when I came back from the bathroom the bracelet was around the stem of my glass!!! He's so sweet!!! I love it and it looks great on too!!!! LOL!!!!!! You can kind of see it in the picture below...
This was one of the views from our balcony!!
I never get tired of taking pictures of that pretty face!!! I know he gets tired of it but he never complains!!! Is he purty or what?????
COWBOY with his Mrs. COWGIRL!!!!!!!
Posted by Lesley At Sarita Farms at 5:00 AM